Andrew A. Radin With Progress Report on twoXAR
Harry welcomes back Andrew A. Radin, CEO of the drug discovery startup twoXAR, where scientists model pathogenesis computationally to identify potential drug molecules and, ideally shaving years off the drug development process.
Harry welcomes back Andrew A. Radin, CEO of the drug discovery startup twoXAR, where scientists model pathogenesis computationally to identify potential drug molecules, ideally shaving years off the drug development process.
Harry first spoke with Radin two years ago at the AI Applications Summit—Biopharma. (Listen back to MoneyBall Medicine Episode 9 from November 2018 for more details about the company’s innovations.) Since then, the company has begun to use what Radin calls twoXAR’s “discovery engine” to test hypotheses about new drug leads in 18 different treatment areas, counting a dozen internal programs.
“We go after complex disease where we think there is not only an unmet medical need but where we believe the discovery of new biology can unlock some opportunity for a new therapy,” Radin tells Harry. He says the company’s approach compresses the time-consuming early steps of basic science, literature search, hypothesis formulation, and high-throughput screening into a single computational step. “We’re going to take all the existing knowledge about the disease and set it aside and see if we can’t make some new discoveries about biology as the starting point.”
How to rate MoneyBall Medicine on iTunes with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
- Launch the “Podcasts” app on your device. If you can’t find this app, swipe all the way to the left on your home screen until you’re on the Search page. Tap the search field at th top and type in “Podcasts.” Apple’s Podcasts app should show up in the search results.
- Tap the Podcasts app icon, and after it opens, tap the Search field at the top, or the little magnifying glass icon in the lower right corner.
- Type MoneyBall Medicine into the search field and press the Search button.
- In the search results, click on the MoneyBall Medicine logo.
- On the next page, scroll down until you see the Ratings & Reviews section. Below that, you’ll see five purple stars.
- Tap the stars to rate the show.
- Scroll down a little farther. You’ll see a purple link saying “Write a Review.”
- On the next screen, you’ll see the stars again. You can tap them to leave a rating if you haven’t already.
- In the Title field, type a summary for your review.
- In the Review field, type your review.
- When you’re finished, click Send.
- That’s it, you’re done. Thanks!