MoneyBall Medicine Podcast – AI Applications Summit Special Series (6 Episodes)
Welcome to this special series of the Moneyball Medicine Podcast focused on Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Analytics applied to Drug Discovery and Development. This special series was recorded as part of the AI Applications Summit produced by Corey Lane Partners this October (2018) in Boston, MA. In this series I have interviewed different speakers from the event and we will hear their experiences. We will dive into the challenges and opportunities they’re facing, and their predictions for the years to come.
Episode Summary: From Validation to Pharma Pipeline–How AI is Finding the Patterns in Data
Part 1 of a 6-part special series. Harry interviews Andrew A. Radin, co-founder and CEO of twoXAR, an Artificial Intelligence driven drug discovery startup that unifies disparate data to identify potential disease treatments.
Episode Summary: Big Pharma is Paying Attention, But Can They Adapt to the AI-Driven Landscape?
Part 2 of a special 6-part series. In this episode Harry talks with Milind Kamkolkar, chief data officer at Sanofi, about how big pharma can start using new data sources to uncover new insights about disease.
Episode Summary: Is AI Ready to Solve Healthcare’s Real-World Evidence Problem?
Part 3 of a 6-part special series. Harry’s guest is Dr. Shrujal Baxi, medical director of Flatiron Health. On the agenda: how technology can help create the real-world evidence needed to achieve better patient outcomes and accelerate research into new areas.
Episode Summary: To Reimagine Drug Discovery & Development, Let the Data Drive the Process
Part 4 of a special 6-part series. Harry asks Dr. Ron Alfa, vice president of discovery and product at Recursion Pharmaceuticals, what efficiencies could be achieved and what problems could be solved if data science were applied to drug discovery.
Episode Summary: Can AI Prevent Failure in Drug Discovery Pipelines?
Part 5 of a special 6-part series. Harry’s guest is Guido Lanza, president and CEO of Numerate. They tackle the question: What if the introduction of Artificial Intelligence into drug discovery allowed us to create a true learning loop?
Episode Summary: Every Patient in a Clinical Trial: How AI Can Solve One of Healthcare’s Biggest (and Most Expensive) Problems
Part 6 of a 6-part special series. Harry speaks with Wout Brusselaers, CEO and founder of Deep6.AI, about new technology that could help find patients for clinical trials in minutes rather than months.
How to rate MoneyBall Medicine on iTunes with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
- Launch the “Podcasts” app on your device. If you can’t find this app, swipe all the way to the left on your home screen until you’re on the Search page. Tap the search field at the top and type in “Podcasts.” Apple’s Podcasts app should show up in the search results.
- Tap the Podcasts app icon, and after it opens, tap the Search field at the top, or the little magnifying glass icon in the lower right corner.
- Type MoneyBall Medicine into the search field and press the Search button.
- In the search results, click on the MoneyBall Medicine logo.
- On the next page, scroll down until you see the Ratings & Reviews section. Below that you’ll see five purple stars.
- Tap the stars to rate the show.
- Scroll down a little farther. You’ll see a purple link saying “Write a Review.”
- On the next screen, you’ll see the stars again. You can tap them to leave a rating, if you haven’t already.
- In the Title field, type a summary for your review.
- In the Review field, type your review.
- When you’re finished, click Send.
- That’s it, you’re done. Thanks!