Joel Dudley and what happen when you let data and not hypotheses drive discovery
Harry’s guest this week is Dr. Joel Dudley from the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, where he serves as executive vice president of precision health, associate professor of genetics and genomic sciences, and founding director of the Institute for Next Generation Healthcare. Dr. Dudley explains how his group is utilizing data to uncover health problems that can’t be detected through normal methods, as well as his groundbreaking paper on the link between Alzheimer’s disease and herpes.
How to rate MoneyBall Medicine on iTunes with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
- Launch the “Podcasts” app on your device. If you can’t find this app, swipe all the way to the left on your home screen until you’re on the Search page. Tap the search field at the top and type in “Podcasts.” Apple’s Podcasts app should show up in the search results.
- Tap the Podcasts app icon, and after it opens, tap the Search field at the top, or the little magnifying glass icon in the lower right corner.
- Type MoneyBall Medicine into the search field and press the Search button.
- In the search results, click on the MoneyBall Medicine logo.
- On the next page, scroll down until you see the Ratings & Reviews section. Below that you’ll see five purple stars.
- Tap the stars to rate the show.
- Scroll down a little farther. You’ll see a purple link saying “Write a Review.”
- On the next screen, you’ll see the stars again. You can tap them to leave a rating, if you haven’t already.
- In the Title field, type a summary for your review.
- In the Review field, type your review.
- When you’re finished, click Send.
- That’s it, you’re done. Thanks!