Harry Glorikian, General Partner, New Ventures Funds10:30 – 11:00 am
Interview with Takeda’s Christian Baber: Unlocking the Power of Data* Fit for purpose data is critical to the effective use of AI/ML tools – what does this look like?
* AI technology & tools are available – but culture is often the biggest obstacle to optimizing data use and sharing – How is Takeda setting up a culture of sharing? Carrots for data generators?
* Changing an organization with existing DNA is much tougher than creating a new organization with the DNA of data management you need. Do you start now with just the new data or go back and fix existing data first?
Christian Baber Ph.D., Global Head of Scientific Informatics, Takeda
11:00 – 12:00 pm
Executive Viewpoints Panel: Using AI Effectively from R&D to Patient Care – Critical Technical and People Issues
* AI/ML tools – Where we’ve been, where we’re going, and how we get to what is real vs. the hype.
* How are we using the tools, the experiences of people using the tools, and the results we’ve seen from these efforts?
* Where can we push breakthroughs and deliver next for patients using the AI/ML tools?
Mark Borowsky, Ph.D., Global Head of Information Products and Data Science, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR)
Andrew A. Radin, CEO, twoXAR Pharmaceuticals
Niven R. Narain, CEO, BERG